Monday, July 2, 2007

Scholarship info

two weeks ago I had an interview for Dauch/Elizabeth & Arthur Pierce Memorial Scholarship. I was so scared, because I never really have to be interview for scholarship before! anyways, I went in about 2:35pm and I was a nerve wreck until I walk in the door! there were five people in the board room and they took turns asking questions like, why did you choose this college? What make you choose this major? what would you say when you are retired and looking back , what would you say is your most proud (accomplishments) things you have done?
a little bit about me and my past, my goals career and education. then they ask be about being bilingual difference in Thai and Us cultures. the interview supposed to last 15 min, but it ended up being 35 min long! when it was over, they told me they would inform me by mail the following week. then Monday... nothing, Tuesday... nothing, Wednesday... nothing at this point I'm beginning to think " yeah I'm not getting this." oh well, I still have the other two scholarships you know. then Thursday afternoon, Frances handed me a letter from the college, I was thinking a reject letter? but its so think! I open it up and there it was in big bold letter... Congratulations, you are the 2007-2008 recipient of the DCCC Dauch/ Pierce Memorial scholarship!!! I was so ecstatic, I scream!!!!!!!in amount of $4950 for academic year! I am so grateful and thankful of this wonderful scholarship! I 'm still 2 credit hours short for the fall, but next week I will try to register one more class ( intro to films).

No comments: